COVID-19: New test clinic opens today
From today, residents in and around the capital can book an appointment at SOS International’s new test clinic. Medical staff at the clinic perform a quick test that in 15 minutes provides an answer as to whether you have COVID-19.
Not everyone has the opportunity to work from home while waiting to be tested and receive an answer as to whether you are infected with COVID-19. To give as many people as possible with the opportunity to be tested and receive a quick result, SOS International has set up a test clinic at its premises in Frederiksberg, Copenhagen.
- We see our clinic as a supplement to the public testing strategy. We want to contribute to the fight against COVID-19 by making tests available to as many Danes as possible, says Karin Tranberg, Executive VP of SOS International.
In addition to the test clinic, SOS International has also made an offer aimed at companies in need of testing a larger number of employees.
- We can bring medical staff to them and perform tests on employees. Not all job functions can be handled from home and it could be expensive for companies if employees have to stay at home to a greater extent while waiting for the result of a COVID-19 test, says Janus von Platen-Hallermund, Head of Medical Centre at SOS International.
Bookings for the test clinic are open from today, Tuesday 29 September 2020: www.sos.eu/da/covid-19-test
- Payment is made online via the booking confirmation (price: DKK 375)
- The test clinic is located at Nitivej 6, 2000 Frederiksberg – enter through the gate. NOTE: Wearing a mask is compulsory while at the clinic.
- After the test has been performed, a ”corona passport” with the test result is provided.
- This quick test performed by SOS International is manufactured in France, CE-approved, and validated by the Danish medical consultancy, Medkoncept.
- The test provides a high-precision result: Sensitivity (the proportion of positive tests, correctly identified as such) of >95 % and a specificity (the proportion of negative tests, correctly identified as such) of 100 %
- Test results are submitted to SSI/Statens Serum Institut.