Billund Airport and SOS International have entered into a collaboration in which SOS International complements the public offer of the Region of Southern Denmark in the form of a testing station at the airport. At SOS International, it is possible to book an appointment for a quick test that provides a result in 15 minutes.
This collaboration is a step towards adding further momentum to business travels. Although the number of business travellers at Billund Airport are already on the increase, there are still a lot of companies with stricter internal travel guidelines. The quick test can help to ease this.
– Billund Airport is located in a strong business area with around 400,000 jobs related to exports. This means that there is a pronounced need for foreign business travel. The collaboration with SOS International means that business travellers need only wait 15 minutes for the result before they can move on. This is a huge advantage for companies and it will likely help to ease their internal travel instructions, states Jan Hessellund, CEO of Billund Airport.
Karin Tranberg Executive VP, SOS International, emphasises the fact that the antigen test is a supplement to the public offer:
- We want to help keep society going and support the business community. Doing without employees who have to stay at home while waiting to be tested and receiving the results can be a significant challenge for companies, says Karin Tranberg.
The antigen test is popular with private individuals
SOS International that has test clinics performing antigen testing in three other locations in Denmark is also experiencing great demand from private individuals who need a quick answer as to whether they are infected with coronavirus.
- We test a lot of private individuals who do not have symptoms but need to be sure that they are not infected, says Karin Tranberg.
How do I get a quick test?
- It is possible to make bookings from Friday 6 November 2020 at the booking portal: www.sos.eu/en//covid-19-test
- The price of the antigen test is DKK 375. Payment is made online via the booking confirmation
- It is possible to be tested for COVID-19 at SOS International if you are without symptoms
- The antigen test is performed using nasal swabbing
- The antigen test used by SOS International is manufactured in France by Biosynex, CE-approved, and validated by the Danish medical consultancy, Medkoncept.
- This Biosynex test is used by several French authorities.
- The test provides a high-precision result: Sensitivity (the proportion of positive tests, correctly identified as such) of >95 % and a specificity (the proportion of negative tests, correctly identified as such) of 100 %
- SOS International cannot guarantee that our COVID-19 result can be used as a valid test result for travel destinations. We recommend keeping up to date with local travel restrictions.
- Test results are submitted to SSI/Statens Serum Institut.
Are you a private individual and have questions about the antigen test?
SOS International is waiting to respond to your questions on telephone number +45 3848 9656
Are you interested in a company agreement?