“When we see a need, we make a move”
SOS International now offers antibody testing for COVID-19 to both companies and individuals in Denmark.
The corona pandemic has meant different duties and routines at the Travelcare division of SOS International. While shutdowns and strict travel guides meant that the emergency call centre was quiet, other lines of thinking have been applied to meet customer needs in connection with the corona virus.
- We need to be innovative and make a move when we identify a need. We can see that our customers need a safe antibody test and, so, it feels natural for us to think along those lines, says Karin Tranberg, Executive VP of Travelcare at SOS International.
Companies may need to know how many of their employees have already been infected in order to conduct a risk assessment in relation to a possible new wave this autumn. At the same time, the test may be able to meet the companies’ CSR obligations by contributing to increasing the knowledge of the authorities on the spread of the pandemic.
Amongst the best in the market
SOS International has found a supplier of test equipment in France that guarantees high precision of test results and, as the organisation already has experienced nurses amongst its staff, it was logical to offer this new service to companies which would like to test employees for antibodies for COVID-19.
- It is important to us that we have found the right supplier of the test equipment because we must be able to trust that the test is amongst the best in the market, says Karin Tranberg.
The test itself is a so-called finger-prick test with which, after about ten minutes, a very small sample of blood can provide an answer as to whether the test subject has produced antibodies to COVID-19.
Apart from offering the test to companies, SOS International has opened up for private citizens to pop into Nitivej 6, Frederiksberg in Copenhagen to have an antibody test.
Initially, the antibody test is a service that SOS International offers in the Danish market.
Facts on the test:
• Produced by the French biotech company BIOSYNEX
• The precision of the test is scientifically assessed by the Institut Pasteur
• Evaluated by SSI/Statens Serum Institut