SOS International and the Capitol Region of Denmark amend their agreement for rapid tests
SOS International supports the changed test strategy of the Capitol Region of Denmark, meaning that several suppliers will contribute to an increased test capacity.
The region has decided to use several suppliers of rapid tests in order to implement a new and more aggressive test strategy. In the future, both SOS International and Copenhagen Medical will therefore contribute to covering the need of the Capitol Region of Denmark for rapid tests.
- We agree with both the region and government that an amended strategy is required. We have therefore at the region’s request made a proposal for how SOS International in the future can be part of the solution in the Capitol Region of Denmark, focusing on permanent and temporary test sites, says CEO Niels Krag Printz, SOS International.
The amended agreement with the Capitol Region of Denmark stipulates that SOS International is to provide approx. a fourth of the region’s rapid test capacity. In the new setup, SOS International focuses on a mix of permanent test sites and pop-up sites with temporary locations.
- After a challenging process, we are very satisfied about providing a smaller capacity, but with continued focus on high quality. We look forward to collaborating with the Capitol Region of Denmark as to testing as many of the region’s citizens as possible, says Niels Krag Printz.
Facts: How SOS International contributes to the new test strategy
6 permanent test sites:
- Open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or as agreed
- Located in Frederiksberg Municipality (2), Brøndby Municipality, Albertslund Municipality, Ishøj Municipality and Frederiksværk Municipality
6 pop-up test sites:
- The region determines the sites and the municipalities provide locations
SOS International’s other permanent test sites continue until further notice, except for the test centre in Helsingør, which is transferred to Copenhagen Medical.
The amended agreement is expected to continue for months to come, until a possible new tender is ready.