SOS International now contributes to the public testing capacity
Today, SOS International has entered into an agreement with the Danish Regions to supplement the public testing capacity with 11,000 daily antigen tests. Private persons can therefore now book an appointment for a free test at SOS International and Charlottenlund Lægehus Medicals Nordic and receive a quick result.
- We are very happy to join the fight to combat COVID-19. We believe that we are strongest when both public and private actors contribute. Now, we have to ensure that we can test even more Danes, says Karin Tranberg, VP of Travelcare at SOS International.
SOS International has performed tests for COVID-19 since 29 September 2020, when the first clinic opened at Frederiksberg in Copenhagen. Since then, clinics have been opened at Esbjerg Airport and at Aalborg Airport, just as SOS International has provided on-site tests for companies.
As the agreement with the regions has now been concluded, SOS International will also open a test clinic at the port of Aarhus during the coming week. It will be open to both pedestrians and on a drive-in bases by appointment. In addition, SOS International has entered into a collaboration with Charlottenlund Lægehus Medicals Nordic, so that free tests are also offered in Charlottenlund, in Risskov near Aarhus and at Copenhagen Central Station. Charlottenlund Lægehus Medicals Nordic has performed tests for COVID-19 since 30 June 2020.
COVID-19 test by appointment
- We have good experiences with our booking portal which means that we avoid massive queues. We will continue to use it - also in the new work. We do so to monitor and meet demand but, not least, also because it is important to us to ensure that the queue itself does not pose a risk of infection, says Karin Tranberg.
With the new agreement, SOS International upgrades and increases the test capacity to 11,000 tests per day. The agreement takes effect on Tuesday 15 December at 16:30. People who have already made an appointment after 16:30 on Tuesday - and have paid – are asked to just attend their appointment and their payment will subsequently be refunded.
SOS International uses antigen tests - also called rapid tests. The test is performed by nasal swapping and the test result is available after 15 minutes. This means that the tested person receives a result within an hour.
You can have a test here:
• Frederiksberg C
• Aalborg Airport
• Esbjerg Airport
• Risskov, in collaboration with Medicals Nordic
• Copenhagen Central Station, in collaboration with Medicals Nordic
• Charlottenlund, in collaboration with Medicals Nordic
The booking portal can be found at:
The SOS International website: www.sos.eu
The website of Charlottenlund Lægehus Medicals Nordic: www.medicalsnordic.dk