To provide as many as possible with the opportunity to be tested and receive a quick answer as to whether they are infected with COVID-19, the assistance organisation SOS International has opened a test centre at the West Jutland airport. The clinic is located at the airport where a public test centre was previously located.
The purpose is to provide airport users as well as local businesses and private individuals with the option of avoiding waiting time and receiving a quick and accurate result as to whether they or their employees are infected with COVID-19. SOS International uses an antigen test and is, thus, able to provide a result within 15 minutes of the test having been made.
Susanne Kruse Sørensen, Airport Manager of Esbjerg Airport sees the test clinic as an advantage to the business clients of the airport who include offshore companies, amongst others, who need to have their employees tested on departure and arrival:
- We want to play our part in supporting the airport and local businesses while also providing private individuals with the extra opportunity to learn whether they are infected, says Susanne Kruse Sørensen, who further states that the test clinic opens because it is needed by the airlines using the airport.
The antigen test used in the clinic is performed by medical staff from SOS International. This is a so-called antigen test that is performed by swabbing the nasal cavity. The test does not require laboratory work which means that the answer is available within 15 minutes.
- We have made considerable effort in identifying the right manufacturer of antigen tests. It is important to us that it is a high-quality and accurate test. At the same time, we have placed emphasis on the test being manufactured within Europe and being CE-marked, says Karin Tranberg, Executive VP, SOS International.
The test clinic at Esbjerg Airport opens on Monday, 9 November.
About the test clinic:
- It is possible to make bookings from Monday, 9 November 2020 via the booking portal found on the SOS International website: www.sos.eu/en//covid-19-test
- Private individuals make payment online via the booking confirmation (price: DKK 375)
- The clinic is located in the P3 parking area, John Tranums Vej 20, 6705 Esbjerg Ø
- Wearing a facemask is mandatory while at the test centre.
- After performing the test, we provide the test result by email. If the result is positive, we call you.
- If required, we issue a COVID-19 pass with the test result
- SOS International cannot guarantee that our COVID-19 pass can be used as a valid test result for travel destinations. We recommend keeping up to date with local travel restrictions.
About the antigen test from Biosynex:
- Manufactured in France by Biosynex, CE-approved, and validated by the Danish medical consultancy, Medkoncept.
- This Biosynex test is used by several French authorities.
- The test provides a high-precision result: Sensitivity (the proportion of positive tests, correctly identified as such) of >95 % and a specificity (the proportion of negative tests, correctly identified as such) of 100 %
- The antigen test is performed using nasal swabbing
- Test results are submitted to SSI/Statens Serum Institut.
Read more and book a test here
Learn more about company agreements